Who we are
Who we are
Legendary Coasts of Eastern Newfoundland (also known as Eastern DMO) is one of five Destination Management Organizations (DMOs) in Newfoundland and Labrador. DMOs work with the operators to build a tourism environment that we can sell to the world through trade and consumer shows, to journalists, and to non-resident and resident markets alike. We’re dedicated to developing a stronger industry and economy through the region.
Our region includes the Burin and Bonavista Peninsulas (east of Terra Nova National Park) and most of the Avalon (except the St. John’s Metro area). We also have a working partnership with our French neighbours in the south, Saint Pierre et Miquelon. That’s a lot of territory, but that means a lot of amazing product!
What does Legendary Coasts of Eastern Newfoundland do?
The list of what we actually do is pretty detailed but in general:
- we promote the region in key markets across North America,
- we work with travel trade professionals from around the world to help sell your product,
- we engage the international media through media writers and familiarization tours,
- we provide professional and product development opportunities,
- we offer networking among other like-mined tourism based operators,
- we act as a hub of resources,
- we are a large, collective voice in the tourism industry. Whose voice? Your voice!
We have six staff members dedicated to unique roles that come together to create a holistic approach to achieve our main goal - to increase visitation and visitor expenditure in eastern Newfoundland. Contact us today to learn even more about what we do and how we do it.
You can see Legendary Coasts of Eastern Newfoundland's By-Laws here.